The record is aptly named, because Grande is a woman who doesn’t play by the rules (or care what you think.)
Need proof? Here are 7 times that the singer was a dangerous, powerful and confident woman, from hilariously taking on Queen Céline to shutting down sexist interviewers.
1. When she was literally too hot to handle in her “Dangerous Woman” music video.
There aren’t enough fire emojis in the world to express how we feel about this.
2. When she outed Céline Dion for ‘peeing’ after seeing Grande’s spot-on impression of her.
To be honest we pee every time we see it, too. It’s just that good.
“When I met Céline, she told me, she was just like, ‘When I saw you, I peed!'” Grande told Jimmy Fallon.
3. When she slammed sexist double standards and revealed she plans on having her ‘tits out at Whole Foods’ when she’s 95.
“If you’re going to rave about how sexy a male artist looks with his shirt off, and a woman decides to get in her panties or show her boobies for a photo shoot, she needs to be treated with the same awe and admiration,” Grande said in an interview with Billboard. “I will say it until I’m an old-ass lady with my tits out at Whole Foods. I’ll be in the produce aisle, naked at 95, with a sensible ponytail, one strand of hair left on my head and a Chanel bow. Mark my words. See you there with my 95 dogs.”
Get. It. Girl.
4. When she stood up for Kesha amid her legal battle with Dr. Luke, highlighting sexism in the industry.
“The incredible double standard that we [women] face on a daily basis, in the industry and just in the world, it’s shocking. I would be so amused, and pardon me if this comes across as sexist, but I don’t think a male artist would be in this position right now. Sorry. If I’m speaking about something that I’m passionate about, I’m willing to take the brunt for fighting in what I believe in and my fellow women are definitely something that I will always be one of the first to speak up about.”
5. When she called out an interviewer for asking dumb questions.
When asked the question “If you could use makeup or your phone one last time, what would you pick?” by an interviewer, Grande responded: “Is this what you think girls have trouble choosing between? … Is this men assuming that that’s what girls would have to choose between? … You need a little brushing up on equality over here.”
6. When she almost touched tongues with a fan.
The most dangerous act of all.
7. When she refused to be defined by the men she’s linked to romantically.
“I’m tired of needing to be linked to a guy, I’m not Big Sean’s ex, I’m not Niall’s new possible girl. I’m Ariana Grande,” she told The Sun.