While the idea of getting Princess Diaries 3 on the big screen is most likely a few years away (Anne Hathaway is set to reprise her role as Mia after she gives birth),we’re still really pumped for what’s to come.
Before you start planning your epic viewing party, scroll through to see what we have to look forward to in Princess Diaries 3 (if we have anything to do with it.)
Our Hopes and Dreams for Princess Diaries 3
1. The Mia Effect is in full swing! Much like The Princess Kate Effect, everything Mia wears gets sold out everywhere – for months at a time – in a matter of minutes.
2. Fat Louie is thriving as his adorable self, natch. Spoiler alert: He finds love in the third movie.
3. Mia is now a mom to two twin boys and one precocious girl.
4. So many cameos, so little time. For some added drama and confusion, can we please be blessed with having Mia’s ex Michael (Robert Schwartzman) and high school rival Lana (Mandy Moore) spend some time onscreen? (Mostly because we miss Mandy Moore.)
5. There are at least two or more musical numbers in the third film. We got a taste of it in the sequel – and Hathaway has since won an Oscar for her role in the musical “Les Miserables” – which left us craving more.
6. Mia mentors the little girl she meets during the parade (played by a young Abigail Breslin, pictured above) in the sequel, and helps her land a coveted internship at an architecture firm in Genovia.
7. Mia and husband Nicholas (Chris Pine) travel to New York often, more specifically Brooklyn, where they have date nights with Beyoncé and Jay Z.
8. Despite being Queen of Genovia, Mia is still the adorable klutz we fell in love with in the first film.