LANSING, MI — There were no grand-prize winners for the $90 million Powerball jackpot drawing held on May 28, 2016.
Because there were no jackpot winners, that means the drawing on Wednesday, June 1 will be worth $100 million and a cash option of $65.5 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for May 28: 6-33-34-58-59
The Red Powerball Power Number: 12
The Power Play Number: 2
Powerball winners for May 28:
- One player matched all five white numbers to win $1 million. That player purchased their ticket in South Carolina. However, they did not play the Power Play option which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
- Overall, there were 569,381 winners in the drawing, who won at least $4 each. In Michigan, there were 16,164 winners.
- One player in Michigan matched four white balls plus the Powerball winning $50,000 in the process. That player also played the Power Play, increasing their winnings to $100,000.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26) Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
- The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, May 31 with an estimated jackpot of $235 million and cash option of $153 million.
- The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, June 1 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.25 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
- Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $115,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.