Seekh Kabab Biryani | Cooking Classy with Chef Afraz | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
4 months ago 9
Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
SEEKH KABAB BIRYANI
4 readymade seekh kababs
1½ cups Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes
1 tablespoon ghee + for drizzling
¾ cup browned onions + as required
2 tablespoons + ½ cup yogurt
2 star anise
6-7 green cardamoms
1½ inch cinnamon
1 blade mace
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 bay leaf
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
2-4 fresh mint sprigs
3-4 fresh coriander sprigs
2-3 tablespoons saffron water
Rose water for drizzling
Screwpine water(kewra) for drizzling
Fresh mint leaves as required
Fresh coriander leaves as required
Whole wheat flour dough as required
Whole wheat flour for dusting
1 cup yogurt
Black salt to taste
Salt to taste
¼ teaspoon roasted and crushed cumin seeds
A pinch of red chilli powder
1 tablespoon fried garlic
A fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Heat 3 cups water in a deep non-stick pan and bring to boil.
2. Grind together ¾ cup browned onions and 2 tablespoons yogurt to make a smooth paste.
3. To prepare masala, heat ghee in another deep non-stick pan. Add 3-4 cloves, 1 star anise, 3-4 green cardamoms, cinnamon and mace and sauté on low heat ill fragrant.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder and sauté for 30 seconds. Add yogurt, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add bay leaf, remaining green cardamoms, remaining cinnamon and remaining star anise to boiling water and mix. Add salt and mix.
6. Add salt to masala mixture, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add rice to boiling water and cook till ¾ done. Drain in a colander.
8. Heat coal directly on flames.
9. Add garam masala powder and cardamom powder to masala mixture, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
10. Cut kababs into small pieces, add to masala mixture and mix lightly. Switch off heat, add torn mint sprigs.
11. Chop coriander sprigs, add to masala mixture and mix well.
12. Place a small steel bowl into the masala mixture pan. Place the heated coal into the bowl along with remaining cloves and drizzle some ghee on top. Cover the pan and keep for 1 minute. Remove the steel bowl and mix well.
13. Preheat oven to 150º C.
14. Line individual serving jars with masala mixture.
15. Add saffron water to cooked rice and layer on top of lined jars. Repeat the layers till all ingredients are used.
16. Drizzle some rose water and kewra water on top. Put few mint leaves and coriander leaves. Drizzle some saffron water and top with some browned onions. Drizzle some ghee on top.
17. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Dust some flour and roll each dough into thin sheet and cut into roundels using a large cookie cutter.
18. Apple some water on one side of each roundel and place it waterside toward the jars covering it and seal. Place them on a baking tray.
19. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
20. To prepare raita, take yogurt in a bowl. Add black salt, salt, crushed cumin seeds and chilli powder and whisk. Add fried garlic and whisk well. Transfer in a small serving jar and garnish with a mint sprig.
21. Serve hot with raita.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Video Rating: / 5